SCIENCE IN SPORT ITALY SRL
Sis Beta Fuel Gel Strawberry Lime
PRODUCT OVERVIEWWORLD LEADING ENERGY GEL, OPTIMIZED WITH A NEW CARBOHYDRATE RATIO
Part of a complete range of world-leading supplement solutions including drinks and chews, our Beta Fuel Dual Source Energy Gel is optimized with an all-new 1:0.8 ratio of 40g carbohydrates to increase power, optimize the absorption of carbohydrates and reduce gastrointestinal disorders, for a supplementary solution with a superior scientific formulation.
WHY USE BETA FUEL DUAL SOURCE ENERGY GEL
As an endurance athlete (your events typically last over two hours) you need to consume between 80 and 120g of carbohydrates per hour. Beta Fuel Dual Source Energy Gel from Science in Sport provides 40g of optimized carbohydrates in one convenient energy solution, with minimal risk of gastrointestinal distress allowing you to maintain optimal performance.
THE NEW RATIO 1:0.8 REPLACES THE 2:1 RATIO
- A ratio of 1:0.8 maltodextrin to fructose increases the percentage of ingested carbohydrates that are oxidized (efficiency) by 62% to 74% compared to a ratio of 2:1
- A ratio of 1:0.8 maltodextrin to fructose reduces self-reported symptoms of gastric fullness compared to a ratio of 2:1
THE SCIENCE BEHIND BETA FUEL HAS EVOLVED With the help of our Performance Solutions team, we have worked closely with professional athletes on the research and development of the new Beta Fuel range to offer a superior scientifically formulated supplement, offered in a range of formats that allows you to absorb 17% more carbohydrates (O'Brien et al., 2013).
- A ratio of 1:0.8 improves exogenous carbohydrate (CHO) oxidation by 17% (O'Brien et al.) and 10% (O'Brien et al.) compared to a ratio of 2:1
- A ratio of 1:0.8 increases average power during 10 maximal sprint efforts by 3% compared to a ratio of 2:1 (O'Brien et al.)
- A ratio of 1:0.8 increases the percentage of ingested carbohydrates that are oxidized (efficiency) from 62% (2:1) to 74% (1:0.8) (O'Brien et al.)
- A ratio of 1:0.8 reduces fullness and nausea compared to a ratio of 2:1 (O'Brien et al.)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
HOW AND WHEN TO USE BETA FUEL DUAL SOURCE ENERGY GEL Each gel contains 40 grams of carbohydrates. Depending on the sport you play or the event, you should consume from 1 to more than 3 gels per hour during exercise to reach the target dose of 80–120 g. In some circumstances, for example in cold weather, you may need to take more. Simply tear off the top of the package and ingest the contents as and when needed.
- Consume directly from the package
- Combine with other energy supplements from the Beta Fuel range to achieve an hourly carbohydrate intake of 80–120g.
Ingredients: Water, maltodextrin (from corn) (30%), fructose (23%), flavourings, acidity regulators (citric acid, sodium citrate), gelling agents (Gellan gum, sodium, potassium sorbate), sodium chloride.